If you aren’t a fan of intense flavors, this isn’t for you. If you love tang, texture, and freshness with a serious punch, read on, soul friend.
This is a winning side salad (though tbh I def ate it for lunch today) with so much going for it. Only takes minutes to make and is such a welcome and colorful change from the usual. Plus the nutritional value is through the roof!
- 1 lb raw beets
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- ⅓ cup raw walnut pieces
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 whole lemon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Peel beets and shred with food processor or grater.
- Wash and finely chop basil.
- Combine all ingredients in your favorite bowl and enjoy.