I always forget how much I love this one until I make it again. It was actually conceived by mistake! I was throwing whatever random stuff I had into a bowl for an empty-the-fridge salad, and when I tasted it I realized it tasted almost exactly like my mother’s sweet carrot salad. It was always one of my favorite things she used to make, and extremely addicting. It was pretty healthy already in its original form, but imagine my excitement when I realized BROCCOLI could be just as delicious!
I have actually even eaten this many times for breakfast. What better way to start the day than with something so insanely nutritious?
5-Minute Sweet Tropical Broccoli Slaw
- 3 medium oranges chopped roughly the same size as pineapple pieces
- 1 bag Trader Joe's frozen pineapple
- 1 bag Trader Joe's broccoli slaw
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- Give several quick pulses to pineapple and orange chunks in food processor until piecey and pulpy but NOT juicy.
- Add walnuts and give a few quick pulses.
- Mix in a container/bowl with remaining ingredients.