I wish I had fresh mangoes every day so I could eat this salad every day. The flavors here are POWERFUL without being overpowering, and you get so many textures in every bite. You get sweetness, creaminess, chewiness, tang, bite…and the curry flavor adds so much intrigue! You’ll have to remind yourself to slow down. It’s that good.
This is a perfect lunch for one, but it’s a great side dish to serve others, as well.
Sweet, Sour, and Hot Roasted Curry Chickpea Salad
- 1 can or 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1 mango sliced or diced
- Half an avocado sliced or diced
- 2-4 tablespoons red onion finely diced
- Juice of a quarter or half lemon
- A few shakes of crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange chickpeas on it.
- Season chickpeas to taste with salt and pepper and bake for 30 minutes or until chickpeas are crispy.
- Combine with all other ingredients and enjoy!