Even though I love (and I do mean LOVE) my regular hummus recipe, I’ve been trying to make a new kind of hummus each week for the last few weeks. Just for fun. This one is reeeeally good and super simple. Major bonus that my three-year-old loves it, too!
This dip is amazing with my homemade oil-free oven-baked tortilla chips!
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
A colorful twist on a Mediterranean classic with a deep flavor and a little tang.
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained well
- 2 red bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup tehina sesame seed paste
- 1 packed tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
- Wash peppers and remove stems and insides.
- Cut each pepper into three pieces and face downward onto parchment-paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until skin is seriously browning.
- Remove from oven and place in a bowl, then cover the bowl for 20 minutes or so to help the skins separate from the flesh.
- Remove skin as best you can (don't drive yourself crazy over this).
- Put all ingredients into food processor and blend very well until very creamy. This might take a few minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Oh my goodness, this hummus is delicious! Super easy to make and a nice change from regular hummus.
So happy you enjoy it!
Thank you, Tania!