I guess I’m going through a phase of trying things I thought I didn’t like. One example: I never understood why otherwise reasonable people would waste perfectly good cucumbers or melons in a smoothie. Why would anyone do that to themselves, I wondered? Little did I know I’d find the answer to that question one day thanks to extreme hangriness and a nearly empty fridge. This cucumber melon smoothie was born, and it’s been reincarnated many times since its birth. It’s super refreshing and actually tastes really good and shockingly isn’t a waste of good ingredients!
This is not all that sweet, which works for me. If you like things sweeter, you can use a little less cucumber or a little more honeydew or banana. Also make sure your honeydew is ripe and sweet, and all your ingredients are cold!
Cooling Cucumber Melon Smoothie
- 1 cup sliced cucumber rounds about 1 small or 1/2 of 1 large cucumber
- 1 cup sliced honeydew melon
- 1 cup water
- 1 banana
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- Make sure all your ingredients are very cold or frozen before blending.
- Blend until very smooth and creamy. This might take a minute or two.
- Drink immediately after blending to retain maximum nutritional value, flavor, color, and texture.
This was surprisingly refreshing. Thank you for helping me figure out what to do with the extra cucumbers in my fridge!
So glad you enjoyed it!