I guess I’m going through a phase of trying things I thought I didn’t like. One example: I never understood why otherwise reasonable people would waste perfectly good cucumbers or melons in a smoothie. Why would anyone do that to themselves, I wondered? Little did I know I’d find the answer to that question one day thanks to extreme hangriness and a nearly empty fridge. This cucumber melon smoothie was born, and it’s been reincarnated many times since its birth. It’s super refreshing and actually tastes really good and shockingly isn’t a waste of good ingredients!
This is not all that sweet, which works for me. If you like things sweeter, you can use a little less cucumber or a little more honeydew or banana. Also make sure your honeydew is ripe and sweet, and all your ingredients are cold!
Cooling Cucumber Melon Smoothie
- 1 cup sliced cucumber rounds about 1 small or 1/2 of 1 large cucumber
- 1 cup sliced honeydew melon
- 1 cup water
- 1 banana
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- Make sure all your ingredients are very cold or frozen before blending.
- Blend until very smooth and creamy. This might take a minute or two.
- Drink immediately after blending to retain maximum nutritional value, flavor, color, and texture.