This is a very exciting recipe for me because it’s almost a decade in the making! As a young college grad in Boston, I concocted the creamiest, dreamiest, most wonderful salad dressing (not just according to me!), but it had fat-free mayo in it…a delicious ingredient but not something I use anymore. When I took a bite of today’s salad many years later, I was instantly transported to Boston days spent wondering what the heck I was gonna do with my life. Thanks to some fabulous fauxgurt, it tasted almost exactly the same!
Pictured here, I added a big fat dollop of hummus on the side for some extra filling power, but that’s definitely optional. Roasted chickpeas would be even better.
You must know by now I’m a sucker for lots of tastes and textures in the same bite. This has got it all. Sweet, savory, bitter, sour, crunchy, creamy, juicy…yum. you can bet this will be repeated tomorrow, and probably again soon after!
Summery Grapefruit Arugula Salad with Creamy No-Mayo Dressing
- SALAD INGREDIENTS
- 1 big handful arugula Do not substitute! The arugula specifically really makes the salad as good as it is. Other greens will be fine but won't have the same effect.
- 1 grapefruit segmented
- 2-3 tablespoons pomegranate arils
- 1-2 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds even better with toasted walnuts
- DRESSING INGREDIENTS
- 1/4 cup fauxgurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon grape juice or very sweet kiddush wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Arrange arugula on plate, then top with grapefruit segments, pomegranate arils, and sunflower seeds/nuts.
- In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients thoroughly, then drizzle over salad.
- Mix thoroughly and enjoy!