My husband ate this whole thing in two days. He liked it. What is it? Strawberry oat bars! These are a great slightly sweet breakfast treat, and super quick to whip up. They freeze wonderfully and are perfect for taking on the go.
These obviously use strawberries, but you could use any fruit really. As a matter of fact, I often make just the oat bars without any fruit at all.
They’re also absolutely delicious with a big dollop of my vegan yogurt/sour cream!
Strawberry Oat Bars
- About 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 3 dates optional
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice/vinegar optional
- (It's preferable to let this dough sit for several hours or overnight before baking so that the whole oats aren't tough [probably not necessary if using quick oats], but I don't always do that, and we don't mind it.) If not allowing dough to sit in the fridge for a few hours, preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the oat bar ingredients (ideally mix dry and wet ingredients separately first, then combine).
- When ready to bake (if you've let your dough sit in the fridge for a few hours), preheat oven to 350 if you haven't already.
- Combine all filling ingredients and chop finely with knife or food processor.
- Press half the oat dough into parchment-paper-lined 8-inch square or 9-inch springform baking dish, spread filling on top, and press the remaining dough on top of that. It's OK if some fruit is peeking out!
- Bake for about 20 min or until it's set and golden brown with the fruit bubbling. Let cool before cutting.