Can a cake idea be cute? I think this is my cutest one. Also, it’s so, so good, and I’m not even a PBJ person. Do you have to be to dig peanut butter cookie crust and luscious raspberry mousse, topped with salted peanut butter caramel, raspberry syrup,* and crunchy roasted peanuts? No. You don’t.
Can you guess what’s sneaky about this cake? Hint: it’s two (two!) cups of cauliflower! (OK, that was a pretty big hint.) I GUARANTEE you. can. not. taste. it.
It’s really not very labor intensive, and all the steps are simple. Plus all toppings are optional (but HIGHLY recommended) if you really need to speed things up.
While this is a very decadent dessert, it’s not super sweet. That’s my preference. Taste and adjust if you need things sweeter.
*Edit: While I no longer use date syrup, I imagine replacing it with dates would yield similar results.
- 1 cup sugar-free powdered peanut butter
- ½ cup raw cashew pieces
- ½ cup tapioca flour (any flour would probably work)
- ¼ cup date sugar
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water (only add tablespoon by tablespoon)
- 12 oz raspberries (1 frozen bag from Trader Joe's)
- ⅓ cup raw cashew pieces
- 2 cups steamed/boiled cauliflower
- ½ cup date syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup soy milk
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons date syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup raspberries
- ⅓ cup date syrup
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Grind dry crust ingredients in the food processor til very fine, then add date syrup, then slowly add water tablespoon by tablespoon while pulsing until you have a soft pliable dough that's not too sticky to handle.
- Press into the bottom of a spring form pan.
- Blend all filling ingredients until very smooth, then pour over crust.
- Bake 40 minutes at 375F. Cool then chill overnight.
- Stir ingredients for peanut butter caramel til very smooth and drizzle over cake.
- Blend ingredients for raspberry syrup until very smooth and drizzle over cake.
- Top with dry roasted peanuts and serve.