I don’t even know what to say about this other than just make it. It rocks. Big time. So comforting, so nourishing, so flavorful. It’s even good cold.
The soup is seriously fantastic just plain, but the added chickpeas, golden raisins, harissa, and tahini really take it to the next level. Add some crusty whole grain bread…it’s almost too good. Plus, it takes almost no effort and will bring you immeasurable joy. Don’t you want immeasurable joy?
My vegan sour cream is also the bomb with this. Time to give it a try!
Comforting Golden Cauliflower Soup
- Florets from 1 head cauliflower
- Half a yellow squash
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 small onion
- 2 cans chickpeas plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup raw cashew pieces
- 1/2-3/4 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- 4 cups water
- 2 cloves or 2 frozen Dorot brand cubes fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon or 1 frozen Dorot brand cube fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1- 1 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder start with 1 teaspoon and add more as needed
- Golden raisins optional
- Parsley for garnish optional
- Harissa optional, see deconstructed falafel salad post for recipe, link above
- Tahini optional, see deconstructed falafel salad post for recipe, link above
- Boil all ingredients except soy milk for about 30-45 minutes (or cook in crock pot on high for about 4 hours) until ingredients are soft.
- Transfer to blender and blend until very creamy and smooth.
- Transfer back to pot and add soy milk.
- Garnish with optional raisins, chickpeas, parsley, tahini, and harissa.
- Eat it. Rejoice.