I’m not joking. This dressing has all the classic Caesar salad flavor with none of the things that make traditional Caesar salad junk food. It’s not just not unhealthy; it’s GOOD for you! Like, really good! Nearly every ingredient is amazingly beneficial to your health.
Another major bonus: unlike so many vegan caesar dressing recipes made by blending cashews, there’s NO equipment needed here except a cup and a spoon! All my Jewish ladies: put your hands up – you can make this on Shabbat! Or any day that you’re just not in the mood to wash your blender.
For a good dose of protein and texture, I added spiced roasted chickpeas to the salad pictured here. I already love roasted chickpeas, but these were reeeally good. All I did was put the beans on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet, sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder, a little smoked paprika, and lots of black pepper, then roasted ’em in the oven for 30-40 minutes on 400 degrees.
- 3 tablespoons raw almond butter
- 2 tablespoons tehina/sesame paste - NOT tahini dressing with other ingredients
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon date syrup or other liquid sweetener
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Stir or shake thoroughly until well combined and creamy.